Monday, December 04, 2006

Volunteer India

I'm a big believer in volunteering. (I was a volunteer coordinator, among other things, at my last job. I KNOW how much good volunteers can do.) I haven't really had the opportunity to lately, what with my life being the way it is, but that doesn't mean I don't think you should. Ha ha ha. Not to get preachy, but this is a season when we make a conscious effort to find ways to give, and there's a chance that might be about more than Elmo TMX and PS3.

I've actually been meeting more than a few folks from India through my participation in myLot. I've always been interested in India as a spiritual center, and learning more has been fascinating. The culture, the architecture, the natural beauty. It's really quite something. And the food is amazing. Love Indian food. Having a chance to spend some time there and do some good in the process sounds like a sweet deal if you are in the position to make it work in your life.



Love that logo. If you are interested at all in becoming an India Volunteer, you should check it out. Projects are from 1 week to 6 months (love that), year-round, and open to nationals in all countries. Projects include teaching English, working in orphanages and medical facilities, and helping with conservation. Hey, maybe I'll go anyway. Something tells me Kevin might not be too happy about that.

~t

No comments: