Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Koolanoo: The World's First Jewish Social Network

Ok, so no, I'm not Jewish. When I saw this Jewish Dating site, I wasn't quite sure what I thought about it. At first I thought it was a little too exclusive an idea for me. But, then I thought, "Well, I liked dating folks who had the same spiritual background and beliefs that I do, so what the heck."

Here's a vid that I also was unsure of. I know, I know...it's supposed to be funny. It's cute in a way. But, the end? I'm just not sure. I figured I'd post it and let you decide. Both the site and the video feel like they could be evocative of some good discussions. I think what made me less comfortable with the idea to begin with was, ironically, the description of the site name: koolanoo. In Hebrew, it means "all of us." But it seems to me, the site isn't about ALL of us, is it? Comments? (Comments are moderated here, and I don't want anything disrespectful, but I am curious what others think of this, both Jewish and non-Jewish folks.)

Anyway, here's the vid:











So, what did YOU think?



~t

No comments: