Thursday, December 28, 2006

A Really, Really Good Day

Yesterday was a really, really good day. As I was making coffee in my kitchen at about 1:30 pm, I just felt happy. Not that I haven't been happy, but not in this contented, fun sort of way for a while. We went to Target and Petsmart to get stuff and puppy stuff. Then we came home and had lunch. I cleaned up the house a bit and Kevin cleaned up the living room. After lunch, I put ZV down for his nap and Kevin went and got the puppy. That's when I had that happy-I'm-in-my-quiet-sunny-coffeesmelling-puppygetting-semiclean house in the middle of a day on a Wednesday feeling. And it was nice. I think it was the fact that it was sunny for the first time in a while. Normally, I don't require the sun, but it was nice. And it was quiet. No TV or kids. And of course, coffee brewing. And things were cleaner than usual. Just nice. Ahhhhhhh.

Kevin also got a call from DirecTV about a job. They said he might need a truck to do the job (which we don't have). I would be open to a truck except for the expense. They might have a company vehicle, which would make it so much easier. No word yet from the not-for-children video store. Now I'm not so sure WHAT I want. It's so confusing. I guess we'll have to wait and see how it plays out. He also had gotten an email about some grocery merchandising job, but it was from 10 pm to 6:00 am. Yeccho. I don't think he replied back. I suppose, if we become really desperate (vs. just kinda desperate), but again, yeccho.

I got a lot of hits on Musings from sending everyone the puppy link. And the Bestest Blog Carnival. That was cool.

Oh, and my friend Moses' baby came on the same day we got our puppy. Cool.

Just lots of stuff happening.

~t

No comments: