Thursday, December 07, 2006

Irrational Moments in Parenting

So, Zane took forEVER to fall asleep tonight. And then he woke up about an hour after he went to sleep and I had to go back up there. And he took FOREVER to fall asleep again. It is cute and sweet, in a way--the way he rolls over and grabs me to make sure I'm not going anywhere. And yet, in another way, I just sometimes want to jump up and scream, "Go to sleep already. I have so much to do!!!" Luckily for me, my more rational side knows that would not work and would only ensure I'd be stuck in there for about another 30 minutes, minimum. Don't get me wrong--I really love cosleeping. It's great for so many reasons: the closeness, the security, etc. But the downsides just sometimes suck. Still, I wouldn't change it. I just find myself stuck in bed a lot!

~t

No comments: