Friday, December 22, 2006

Internet Marketing Monitor Review

I’m not sure quite why, but I’m nervous about writing this post. Perhaps it is because Internet Marketing Monitor is trying out PayPerPost so that they can review it. I feel I must really deliver the goods for Internet Marketing Monitor, PayPerPost, and posties everywhere. Internet Marketing Monitor has asked for “people to write unscripted, unbiased reviews of its content”, so that is what I am going to do.

I will start by saying that I am new to the internet marketing game. Like so many things in which I am interested, I know just enough to be dangerous. I would love to know much more about internet marketing, but the variety of sources out there is daunting for someone like me with not a whole lot of research time. In checking out Internet Marketing Monitor, I was pleasantly surprised that there was a lot of information, but it didn’t read like Greek to me. Perhaps that’s because the originator of the site, Matt, was smart enough to know he needed a ghost writer, Derick. Good on ya, Matt.

I looked through the site for a good long time before even considering writing this post, and I found a nice variety of Internet Marketing content on things I’d like to look at in more detail. You see all the big names there…Yahoo, Ebay, Google, MSN, YouTube, and current information on what’s going on with them.

I am sometimes completely overwhelmed with the pace at which things happen in the Internet world. Internet Marketing Monitor clearly has been in this game and understands that. They promise to post multiple times a day, five days a week. And it seems they have. Although the blog was only started in the beginning of November, there is a lot of information on it already. I could have stayed there for hours more, and I’m sure I will visit it again. Kudos, too, on them for the 5-day rule. One thing you learn about the Internet is that it’s important to know when to unplug. (Seeing as I am writing this review at 2:04 am, I clearly haven’t learned that lesson yet. I’m just hoping I get it done and posted before my toddler calls me to bed.)

The posts themselves on the Internet Marketing Monitor are well-thought-out, informative, and well written. I enjoyed reading many of the entries and got a little bit more sucked in than I expected to. That's good, because even though I know I want to learn this, sometimes I just get overwhelmed and have to move away from the site, whatever site it is. I can get a little bit Blog-ADD, but I didn't find that happening.

I have to say that I'm not that into the design. It's a pretty basic WordPress theme, I think. It clearly states "all business", which may be what they were going for, but it also says to me, "business is kinda ugly". This could just be my personal opinion. And, they did specifically ask for reviews of content, not design.

I love that they give "report cards" to different affiliate programs and directories. This is the sort of information that really interests me. Where is it best for me to spend my limited time in developing my sites for greatest monetary value? I will be checking back to see what they say about them, as right now they are still collecting data. The only issue I had was again with the template design. At first, I was reluctant to click those links, because I thought they were ads.

Overall, I was pretty impressed with this site and it kept my novice-head-spinning attention for quite some time. I think that's really saying something. If I had to rate it? I think I'd say B, mostly because it's still new and the look could be more engaging. An internet marketing blog should know that. Also, I'd really like to know more about who Matt is. How much of an expert is he?

Thanks for giving me this opportunity, Internet Marketing Monitor. I hope you found the review helpful.

~t

No comments: