Friday, December 15, 2006

Christmas eCard Games

I always think there's nothing new under the sun and then another new thing shows up that is both obvious and totally creative at the same time. This time, I'm talking about Christmas games on Christmas eCards.

I don't generally send Christmas cards. I don't know why. I'm just not that into cards. I do, however, like the convenience and non-waste aspect of eCards. And the fact that if you totally forget until the day of, you can STILL get people a card on time. That's really great.

The blog post that I linked to above talks about bluemountain.com's new eCards with games on them. The games are flash-based, interactive, Christmas-themed fun. There are a number of different varieties. I especially liked Santa's Snow Run, where you get to steer Santa doing extreme snow boarding and get points for clearing jumps. Here's a screen shot of it:



I'm also a big fan of mistletoe. I guess I'm still a romantic at heart. One of the games is called Mistletoe Tag. In this game, you try to click the different characters to "kiss" them as they show up under the mistletoe. But if Scrooge shows up and you kiss him, you lose a point. Here's a shot of one of your "kissees".



Bluemountain.com has been around a while in the eCard business. You can get an annual membership for $13.99, which is a pretty good deal. You can even try out the membership for free for 30 days before deciding to sign up. If you get the membership, you're even less likely to miss a special occasion because they have a calendar feature that allows you to shop for your cards ahead of time and send them out at a later date. Nice.

~t

No comments: