Thursday, December 07, 2006

Maxim Online: Stupid Fun

Leave it to Maxim to come up with their very own Urban Legends debunking section. This is an interesting read, folks.

I have to say that I was a tad disappointed by the very first debunking: "Using a cell phone can give you brain cancer. The truth: No need to get a hang-up over this one." Wow, I must be getting more and more like my husband every day. Not that I really want anyone to GET brain cancer. I just sorta wouldn't mind them considering yapping on the phone less. Especially in public. And anyway, I'm still not convinced that either watching OR eating hot pockets is safe. (Read the article on that one.) Whoa! It was someone in my old hometown of Milwaukee, WI who debunked this one. Tsk. Tsk.

However, I did like reading that a glass of red wine each day does actually have some health benefits. I would think that the destressing factor alone would make a difference. Sadly, they report that vats of wine don't help. Hmm. Shocker.

Other fun entries talk about the effect of pierced tongues, whether or not you should shave your head to increase hair growth, the property owned by the Catholic church, and some fun animal myths. But I don't wanna spoil it for you. Check it!



~t

No comments: