Saturday, December 23, 2006

PayPerPost on YouTube

As a subscriber to the PayPerPost YouTube channel, I feel uniquely qualified to write about their presence there. Of course, you know by now that PayPerPost is the company that facilitates ads on blogs by bringing advertisers and content creators (bloggers) together.

I like that they are using YouTube so extensively to get more buzz about their company and services. It's a smart move, in my opinion. I also like that they use it to help create community between their posties and their staff. We get to see not only the names behind the company, but the faces and SO MUCH MORE! (Sometimes too much? Naaaaah.) This is a new level of transparency in business, and I think it's great. I have experienced and read about some of PayPerPost's competition, and I think this one element of community goes a long way towards building their business and the loyalty that people, especially bloggers, feel towards it. An old fundraising adage says "People give to people, not organizations" and I think that's true in this case as well. I do my best for PayPerPost because I am loyal to it. I go the extra mile because I know who they are and care about them and their product.

But anyway, enough of my PayPerPost love, on to their YouTube channel, specifically. They've got some great stuff on there.

First of all, they have all the episodes of Rockstartup--the reality show about the beginnings of PayPerPost. If you haven't seen it. Check it out! Here's the first episode to get you hooked.



Then, there are the video confessionals from the staff. Here is where we really get to see what is going on with everyone. I loved Randy's (Randi's?) initial video. He told a lot. I guess that's what happens when you put the word "confessional" in there. Here it is.



There's also some things that are just plain fun. Here is Ted's impersonation of a catfish. My kids love to watch it. And he challenged the posties to give their impersonations as well. A good fun opportunity. I have had a number of views of my own catfish (for better or worse!)



I have to say, though, that I think my favorite video so far might be Ted's Rap Smackdown on Colleen. I just love it. He started it off as a bit of fun that none of us were even paid for. However, it did generate a lot of buzz in our community and helped keep all of us hyped about PayPerPost while we were waiting for some more advertisers to come along (which they have). Did you think we didn't notice? Ha ha! Anyway, here's the smackdown. I also got a lot of hits on my blog from people coming to see my smackdown on Laura.



So, when you go the PayPerPost's YouTube channel, you'll see a variety of content, including great information and lots of creativity. You'll also see the inside scoop of PayPerPost. And don't we all just wanna know what's going on behind the scenes? I do. I'm sure you do, too!

~t

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the smack downs, too. Wish Tamale would do hers!

Terri said...

Yeah!