Sunday, December 31, 2006

Idol Me

I admit it, I haven't been as into American Idol in recent seasons as I was in the beginning. Kevin's favorite part is the beginning when people are so bad. He loves the humiliation. I'm not as into the humiliation aspect, but it's hard to feel bad for them sometimes because there is often such an amazing level of cluelessness that you tend to feel they get what they deserve (assuming they even understand that). And it's always fun to find other people who watched to jaw about the whole experience. Personally, I loved the one early in last season, I think it was, where that crazy woman just went off on Paula Abdul for no reason.

If you can't get enough American Idol, this is the forum for you. When I knew they were looking for reviews of their forum, I really expected to find a new, somewhat empty forum. This is not the case. When I popped in there, they just happened to have 52 people in the forums right then. Not only that, there are over 2000 threads, over 2700 members, and over 30,000 posts. Plenty of chatter for those who can't stop getting their Idol on.

The sections of the forum have a nice mix of recent seasons, past seasons, international idols, spots to get to know other members, and off-topic discussions. You always need that spot on a forum, or it will take over the threads. The threads themselves are loaded with information about the show and every little obsessive detail about the idol-wannabes. And wow, they have a lot of information about Taylor Hicks.

The design of the forum isn't particularly lovely, but seems well-organized. More importantly, the place seems well-moderated and friendly. If it's one thing I don't like to be a part of, it's a place with a lot of negative energy. Although there's a lot of gossip going on, obviously, it seems done in a light-hearted manner. Go check it out. Tell me what you think, and have fun!



~t

No comments: