Monday, December 04, 2006

Have a SASSY Christmas

I am just cracking myself up here with all these Christmas ideas. See, the thing is that the traditional holiday stuff doesn't really appeal to me and Kevin that much. I'm not sure if ANY holiday stuff really appeals to him. But, when you put a slightly new twist on it, that can sometimes get me in the spirit.

Case in point, is the somewhat irreverent Christmas card. That can be fun. As a matter of fact, I think I even got Kevin to watch the movie Bad Santa one year. (He is completely the biggest Scrooge on the planet and will hardly EVER agree to watching a Christmas movie.) Their card, A Christmas Pick-Me-Up, is in the same vein of naughty humor as Bad Santa. The elf pictured below gives you the 5 best pick up lines heard around the North Pole. It reminds me of the jokes my old neighbor Doug used to tell us. Doug, are you out there? Are you reading me? You'd like this card. More sensitive folk and children should probably shield themselves.



Another nontraditional type of ecard they offer is there Snakes on a Sleigh, a parody on the popular film, Snakes on a Plane. It's pretty funny.



Here's the scoop: You can get a free 30-day trial membership. After that, a yearly subscription with unlimited card-sending capabilities is only $13.95. Membership also gives you the option to send your ecards immediately or schedule them for a later date. I, myself, am really bad about popping cards in the mail. But ecards are so much easier. And, if you forget until the very day, you can STILL be on time. I love the Internet. Truly.

Now go have a sassy Christmas. I can't believe it's December already. (I think that makes me old, no?)

~t

No comments: