Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Ripley's Believe it or Yuck

Do you ever watch Ripley's Believe it or Not? I remember this show from my childhood, with Jack Palance as the host. We watched it with my dad. I remember being somewhat frightened by Jack, but I don't remember ever running screaming from the room or anything that dramatic. It's a warm fuzzy memory.

This leads me to believe that the show hosted by Dean Cain is a drastically different animal. Kevin and Caspian like to watch it, but I can't stand it. I would like to run screaming from the room now when it comes on. But guess what? I'm the mom now, so I just force them to turn it off. It's just gross most of the time. I remember it being about cool things people could do or something like that. Perhaps the show is being truer to it's Ripley's Sideshow Freak roots or something, but I want nothing to do with it. Yechh. Kevin just turned it on and I had to say, "I thought you were going to take a shower..."

Ahhh, blissful peace during naptime now. (Except for the buzzing of the baby monitor and the whining of the puppy, of course.)

No comments: