Thursday, January 11, 2007

It really doesn't snow in Olympia



We love Olympia. One of the reasons we moved here, was the more-temperate-than-Milwaukee climate. Supposedly, it really doesn't snow here, neither does it get that cold. It's been snowy and cold. Not as bad as Milwaukee usually is, however, so I can't really complain. I just find it kind of funny.

Funnier still is that because of the amount of snow you see in these photos, Caspian was off school. It just stops things in their tracks here. Be careful what you wish for, I guess. I always thought we should just stop for storms. I guess I still think that. I guess I just wouldn't really consider this a "storm". It's kinda cute. It's Pacific Northwest charming to me.

Kevin took these pics. Ain't they gorgeous?



~t

5 comments:

Loretta @ Stitching the Night Away said...

Great pics!
We've had school close with less snow than that down here in Virginia. A tiny dusting and people freak out completely. It's hilarious to see for us coming from Pennsylvania and being used to *feet* of snow with barely even a school delay!

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of snow, and it's so beautiful! We're suppose to get 3-4 inches here tonight!

Mel said...

Oh, I'm envious.....we've YET to get snow this winter.

They're threatening us with snow this weekend--I've got my snowman bucket all ready just in case they're actually RIGHT!

Gorgeous photos--thanks for sharing them.

Terri said...

LOL Jules, is so NOT a lot of snow, but it was pretty. Poor Zane said "Bright" when he woke up and saw it. He does not like "bright"

Terri said...

Thanks Mel! I hope you get to use your bucket! :)