Friday, January 05, 2007

Fave Movies Meme

My friend Deb over at Surviving NJ tagged me to talk about my favorite movies. Confused by the two different links? Well, Deb's a Gemini. She's the twins. She's got two blogs. What can I say? She's also very talented at making money online and she's written a book! You should go buy it. Now.

Ok, on to the movies. I guess I'm supposed to pick 5. That is tough. I'm going to try not to over think this because that could take me all day.

1. Garden State.



I love Zach Braff. I have written him a few glowing "I love your movies" messages on mySpace. Apparently, he's really busy or something. Zach wrote, directed, and starred in Garden State. It is great in the details and great in the structure, something hard to come by. I kept waiting for it to get dull. It didn't. Zach also has excellent taste in music, so the soundtrack is awesome. It's mellow enough to nurse your newborn to for weeks.

2. Legends of the Fall.



Ok, this is sorta a chick flick. I don't mind that. I'm a chick. It's a classic in my opinion. Brad at the top of his game. Never hotter. Love the store. Dramatic, majestic, romantic, mythic, beautiful, meaningful, sad, and epic. And don't you just love to imitate Anthony Hopkins saying, "Screw the guv'ment. SCREW 'em!" We like to.

3. Cold Comfort Farm.



Kate Beckinsale plays an older orphan who goes to live with her weird relatives in order to find fodder for her work as a writer. In the process, she makes over the whole weird place. It's very charming and funny and unique. "I saw something nasty in the woodshed." They keep playing it on BBCA, so check it out.

4. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Interesting idea. Well done. Quirky people. Great story.



5. The Princess Bride. Another classic. We've been talking about this on one of my forums. It may seem like a fantasy film, but it's mostly comedy. It's brilliantly hilarious and feel good, too.



Other Movies that came to mind:

  • Shopgirl
  • The Muppet Movie
  • Dead Again
  • Moulin Rouge
  • Almost Famous
  • Thelma and Louise
  • Pulp Fiction
  • S.F.W
  • When Harry Met Sally

I'm sure there's a ton more. I have to stop now because Kevin is helping me brainstorm and he's just getting ridiculous. He just suggested Leprechaun. Puh-lease.

Allright. I have to tag some people. I'll tag Heather, Suni, and Loretta.

~t

4 comments:

Loretta @ Stitching the Night Away said...

Hmm...I don't think I've seen Cold Comfort Farm, will add that to my "to rent" list! sounds good!

Anonymous said...

I'm adding a few of those to my Netflix!

Anonymous said...

Being in Garden State...haven't seen it yet, but it's one that's on my list...

One of your "others"...Moulin Rouge is the only film I every actually got up and walked out on....

:) Ok, I snuck on to read it! Thx for the link love as well.

Terri said...

You hated Moulin Rouge??????? OMG!!!!!! How insane. Love, love LOVE it! Love Baz Luhrmann.