Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Lovely San Fran

Our friend, Zabrina Tipton, who lives in San Francisco just sent us a lovely book of her photographs, At Night in San Francisco. It's bringing back some fun memories for me. I was very lucky to be able to travel to California from Milwaukee when I was a senior in high school. I was there for National DECA (Distributive Education Clubs of America) competition. (Yay me.) Anyway, although the competition was in San Jose, we took some time off and explored the surrounding areas

There are so many Great Places in San Francisco. I had a blast there. Of course, we had to see the Golden Gate Bridge. That's a classic. One of my favorites was the audio tour of Alcatraz. I was surpised how much I loved it, but it was fascinating. We even took some funny pictures. (I'm sure everyone does.) Sorry, that was before digital, so I have no idea where they are! The funniest part about my pictures was that my high school friend who was taking them got the open cell door in the pic. That was so not the point of the picture. Oh well. We also very much enjoyed Chinatown and Fisherman's Whorf. Overall, I highly recommend visiting. We might go back to see Zabrina ourselves.



~t

No comments: