Monday, January 01, 2007

Luxury with Meaning

When I'm not being a frumpy mom, I like to give it my best shot to be fashionable. Even when I am being a frumpy mom, I like to check out what the fashionable people are doing. I also groove on a good cause. When the two can go together, I love that.

Belisi Fashions believes the two go together and has done something about it. Peter Belisi started his career by watching the beautiful people while serving them behind the bar. He noticed that accessories can make or break a look and began to cultivate a serious love of well-made ties. When Belisi first got into the fashion game, he started with ties and then moved on to scarves and handbags.

But the accessories aren't just gorgeous, the guiding principle of Belisi's work is "Luxury with Meaning". With each purchase made, Belisi gives back to the community through organizations that are fighting poverty, protecting the environment, seeking justice and funding medical research.

What a great combination!

~t

No comments: