Sunday, October 15, 2006

Brilliant Earth Diamonds

I am so excited!!! Before Kevin and I got married, we went to the mall to get a wedding ring for him. I was going to use a ring I already had. We ended up finding rings for both of us, to the tune of $40. These are still our wedding rings. That sort of thing was just not that important to us. However, I have always said that when we we make it to 10 years, I want a diamond. But, we also had some ethical concerns about what goes into getting many diamonds to consumers.

So, why am I so excited? I just found a place that specializes in a conflict-free diamond. Brilliant Earth is based in San Francisco.

From their website:

"What is a Conflict Diamond?
Did you know that some diamonds have helped fund devastating civil wars in Africa, ending millions of lives? Conflict diamonds or “blood diamonds” are associated with human rights abuses, environmental damage, and terrorism." Blood diamond facts can be found here.

Offering Canadian diamonds, they carefully track each one to make sure that their supply is not corrupted by blood diamonds. Additionally, the company gives back 5% to African communities. They also offer eco-friendly rings made of recycled gold.

Not only does Brilliant Earth have some fabulous jewelry, which they call "luxury with a conscience", the site is informative, attractive, and easy to navigate. Soon they will even be offering customers the option of creating their own ring.

I don't know if I can wait until my ten year anniversary!



~t

No comments: