Sunday, October 22, 2006

Conversation with Mom. 1:30 am.

So, my mom comes out of her room at 1:30 am. For the second time since we have lived together, I think she has said "Come in" to no one in the middle of the night. The first time, both Kevin and I heard her and were concerned there was a knock outside the door and she was letting some stranger in her room in her sleep. He went outside with a bat to find no one around and then my mom woke up and told us she had been sleeping but thought she heard a knock. So we said, "Well, don't tell them to come in!"

Ok, so that was a few weeks ago.

I am alone at my keyboard and I hear her do it again. "Come in."

I try to talk to her, but I get no response.

About 10 minutes later, she comes out, and I ask her about it. She confirms that she had been sleeping and thought she heard a knock. She said it sounded like me knocking, not Zane (who often knocks on her door).

I said, "Well, maybe you shouldn't just say 'come in' when you hear someone knocking. " (Now, I'm thinking it might not be under her control anyway, because she is asleep, right?)

This is when she tells me she thought it was me and maybe there was something going on.

So I say, "Maybe you should say 'Who is it?'"

And she says, "Well, I don't want to ask that and have a ghost answer me." (I wasn't expecting that.)

And I say, "Do you think you are better off just telling them to come in? If a ghost answers to 'Who is it?', then you can just tell them to go away."

Then we both cracked up for a couple of minutes.

Then she said, "You're funny in the middle of the night."

~t

1 comment:

Mama2Boys said...

LoL. you made a good point though. I would not want to invite a ghost into my room at 1:30am either.