Sunday, October 22, 2006

Ham

There is something funny about the word ham.

Is it because it is so short?

Is ham just funny?

Is ham slightly out of style?

Is it because pigs are funny?

Is it the way my 19 month old says it? (That could add to it, but we thought it was funny before we met him.)

Ham.

Is it because it's funny to be a ham?

Ham.

Ham.

Ham.

What about ham sandwiches. There is something funny there. I don't remember what it is, but me, Kevin, and our friend Jen just prattled on into the night one night about the utter hilarity of ham sandwiches. And we had no substances in us. Except maybe ham.

Ham.

Kevin made a ham the other night.

I thought of giving some away.

Giving someone ham seems like a funny thing to do.

And what about ham spread? Good Lord, that's some funny stuff. Only people born before 1950 would touch it, I'm imagining.

Now go eat a ham sandwich and tell me why it's funny.

Personally, I love ham. But there is something funny about it.

Ham.
Ham.
Ham.

~t

No comments: