Friday, October 27, 2006

I Broke the Scale!

When I was pregnant with Zane, I didn't worry about gaining weight. I gained it en masse. I think it was over 60 lbs that I gained in the final effort. Well, then I had him and the weight didn't really go anywhwere for a while. I had a long, arduous recovery but a healthy baby, and that's all I cared about. Then I lost maybe 25 lbs all on my own, just quite naturally.

Then I got stuck.

So, I joined Weight Watchers online and was doing great until one thing or another kept popping up to derail me. Mostly, I was (and still am) nursing him and providing milk was more important to me than losing weight. I found when I started to lose weight, I started to lose milk and that just wouldn't do. So, I put weight loss on the back burner.

Then we moved. Then we had no kitchen for weeks, months?

Now I am moved and at home and have a kitchen and a 20-month old who still nurses but certainly could live without it. I'm ready for the weight to be gone. (Also, for the astrologically inclined--Jupiter just passed over my ascendent for the last time at the end of September, so now I feel I have a fighting chance!)

I have about 25 more lbs to lose. It was daunting, and I really wasn't committing, even though I was doing Weight Watchers. I was doing it only half-heartedly. Finally, I decided to focus on 2-lb increments. This seemed to work last week and I finally stayed on program! I was so excited to weigh in on Monday, only to find my scale was broken!!!

Well, I think I made that goal (I weighed myself on my mom's scale.) I need to get new batteries for my scale, because I'd like to be consistent. I feel good about how I've done this week.

For added accountability, I thought I'd post about my goal here and my weigh ins. I have toyed with the idea of taking a picture of myself every week the day I weigh in (Monday), but I'm not sure. Don't worry, if I do, I only plan to do a face shot. Yet, I think the difference would be striking nonetheless.

I am really excited about the prospect of actually losing this weight I've held on to for so long. I can't wait to get to a size I'd actually like to stay in and build a wardrobe around. I would love to see a picture of myself and not be embarassed. I will be 35 on February 6th of next year. I'd like to be a hot 35-year old. Enough of this fartin' around--I'M GOING TO LOSE THIS 25 LBS!!!

Allright, thanks for listening.

~t

No comments: