Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Guy Gifts

Dudes like binoculars. I find that, first of all, I am surrounded by guys in my life (sometimes good, sometimes not so good). Second of all, it can be challenging to figure out gifts for men, especially if they seem to already have everything they want or need (like dads--dads can be especially hard to buy for).

As I said before, dudes like binoculars. They like checking things out. They like checking things out up close. They like checking things out up close from far away. And sometimes we'd like then to stay far away from the things they are checking out. Let's say, oh I dunno, if it's a poisonous snake or a cougar or something. This site has an AMAZING selection of binoculars. From the site itself: "Here at OpticsPlanet.com, we carry birding binoculars, astronomy binoculars, sports binoculars, military binoculars, marine binocular, hunting binoculars, theatre binoculars (opera glasses) and much more." I'm pretty sure I didn't even know that many types of binoculars existed.

If, you are like me and don't know all the specifics of the binocular world, they have a helpful how-to-buy binoculars guide. I think one of my favorites has to be the digital camera binoculars. Am I getting into guy things here?

The selection of brands is also outstanding: Nikon, Steiner, Bushnell, Leupold, Swarovski, Leica, Celestron, Oberwerk and ON SALE! And, any purchase of $29.95 has free shipping. Love that.

~t

No comments: