Monday, October 23, 2006

"Holdjyou"

Little sleepy bear is upstairs napping as I write this.



Language acquisition is so fun and interesting. Zane has really been into perfecting some of his words lately and also learning prepositions. Up, down, in, out, on, off. These are useful tools that he is currently enjoying. One thing that does have him a little confused is the whole "me" and "you" thing. I guess that's why people talk to toddlers in the 3rd person, huh? He really doesn't get it yet. My favorite part of this is that somehow, he's put two words together and when he wants us to pick him up, he imitates what he has heard us ask, "Should I hold you?"

So, now, when he wants to be held, he simply says "Holdjyou" with upstretched arms.

~t

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Terri,

Thanks for the memories. My son, who is now 22, used to say, "I wanna holdjyou," with his arms outstretched.

I couldn't always resist. Now I have back trouble. That didn't kick in until I held my oldest daughter one too many times.

But, I sometimes miss them at that age.

Terri said...

Awww...that's so sweet. I really didn't know this was a somewhat typical thing, but my friend Heather said her son did it too. Funny the things you don't learn until you're a mom.