Friday, October 27, 2006

6-Week Body Makeover

I am blogging about health and weight loss these days! I believe it was in early 2002 that I first saw the infomercial for the 6 week body makeover. I had about 25-30 lbs to lose at that time, too, and I was at just about the same place as I am right now: READY to GET IT OFF. So, when I saw the infomerical, I thought it was fate. I hesitated a little, but then decided to order it.

I'm glad I did, because I really had great results with the product. The system is developed by fitness guru Michael Thurmond (of Extreme Makeover fame) and focuses on both eating habits and exercise to sculpt your body. They also have great tips about how to think about what you are doing and be inspired to reach the next level. I was able to achieve my goal and was very happy with the result. To me, it was worth every penny I paid.

You must know, however, that although it is a 6 week program, this is not a quick fix and it is not for someone looking for easy solutions. In order to really make this program work, you will most likely need to drastically change your eating and cooking habits. You will need to make most of your food from scratch. In my opinion, it is a very healthy and balanced way to eat, but it is not necessarily easy if you live the typical North American lifestyle (or if you have a toddler!).

I am not doing the program now because it is not appropriate for nursing mothers, who need more fat and calories. However, if I were not nursing and had the ability, I would definitely do the 6 week body makeover again.

~t

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE the 6 Week Body Makeover! I bought the program from the infomercial (I had never bought anything from an infomercial before) and I did it in early 2005 and lost 30 pounds! Well, those pounds crept back on after a few stressful life events, but now I'm doing it again, I just started it again yesterday! I hope you find a point after you finish nursing to do the program again, it really works! I'm finding a lot of information from the forums on the Provida.com site, also. Many people on the forums to talk to and get support.