Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Keeping Track of the Kids

Caspian just recently got a new/used laptop from his mom. Personally, I wasn't sure I was ready for the responsibility. He is, after all, only 8 years old. And there is so much happening online that I know I don't want him to access. (Heck, I just mentioned in an earlier post I don't want him seeing everything on MY blog.) We were given a little bit of a reprieve when the laptop unexpectedly crashed, but his mom just sent the recovery disks, so he's up and running again.

Now, I think it's just my fear talking, because of course, I know more than most what WONDERFUL things you can do and learn online. I am an internet junkie. But, of course, we still want to make sure the little ones are safe. To that end, SpectorSoft has come up with some great Keylogger software.

SpectorPro 6.0 automatically records their emails, IMs, chats, websites visited, keystrokes, programs launched, peer-to-peer file sharing, screen snapshots, and passwords. It is also the only keylogger that records all myspace.com activity.

Having software like this would really help me feel better about him using the Internet. This way we KNOW he is only frequenting the places we approve and communicating with people we know and trust.



~t

No comments: