Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Showin' the Love

Most folks who know anything about marketing know that word of mouth marketing is one of the best ways to get your product or service some attention in the marketplace. And PayPerPost is all about word of mouth marketing.

Even though PayPerPost has had some critics, there are so many things I like about it. I think it's a smart young company that works hard and is trying to do the right thing. They put a face to their names and get to know their advertisers and their writers (posties, as they are affectionately called). We are encouraged to get to know each other. That has been fun and educational. And gosh darn it, it's just a smart thing to do. People want to work at home. This is a legitimate opportunity that pays a fair wage in a reasonable amount of time. Companies need these work-at-home peoples' talents. Let's put them together for something the work-at-home people are already doing anyway! And, I get to throw my vocabulary and my opinion around. Love it.

There are also some larger issues at play here. What does pay per post marketing mean for the blogosphere and the web? I think the company is doing a good job of grappling with those issues and being proactive as best anyone can. It's a changing marketplace. Time will tell, but they are doing the best they can to make good choices for all involved.

And, when I had a situation recently where I was bummed about some outside pressure about my working with PayPerPost, not only did I get a lot of great support from my fellow posties, but Ted Murphy, the prez himself popped on the forum and made me feel better. That's smart and kind. And they're funny. Kudos Ted and PayPerPost!

~t

No comments: