Sunday, February 04, 2007

Insurance!

I tend to trust in the wisdom of the universe. But I still believe in the importance of insurance. Kevin got into some trouble a few years ago when he let his car insurance lapse. Unfortunately, that's just when his accident happened and he lost his car. This goes on his record for something like 7 years. That is something you don't want to have to experience.

So, since then, we've been very good about keeping our insurance up to date. I tend to find something I like and stick with it, but it's a good idea to home insurance on the same policy with your car insurance. Usually, companies will give you a discount when you "buy in bulk", so to speak.

I know that none of this is any fun to deal with, but it goes a long way towards making sure you can enjoy some peace of mind, especially if something happens (like our roof just blowing off in a windstorm!) We were really glad we had good insurance then.

~t

No comments: