Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Feeling Drained

I started my new job today. It went well, but I am wiped out. I have not started a new job in over nine years! I think the emotional stress of not knowing what to expect and feeling like I have to perform and also leaving my little one really got to me today. I'm sure it will get easier. I still feel somewhat shell-shocked and unhappy that my plan to be a stay-at-home mom fizzled before my eyes. But Kevin did make me lunch and dinner. That was nice. He made a kick-butt casserole for dinner. It was a good day, for the most part. Just draining.

3 comments:

Loretta @ Stitching the Night Away said...

Glad the first day went well! :)

It will get easier (or so people say anyhow...)

Unknown said...

Awwww, I wondered how work went. Can't wait until the weekend so I can hear all about it! ;)

Mel said...

Congratulation on your first day!

And hug the hubby for such a kick-butt casserole?